Pity-Poetry

Pity-Poetry

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Tomorrow I Got You

Panoramic flowers tickle my eyelashes
And I’m lying static against the windowsill
Watching Fall turn into Autumn
Knowing that if I close my eyes upon the flowers
I can picture falling

Merely asleep so as not to worry
Over the details laid out for situations to come
Of falling to the sky and not the ground
Wondering where oh where will they send me

There is green and there is blue
Copious colors I clearly remember disliking
The mortician gives roses to your cheeks
How accepting we are and will be
A lifetime of avoiding multicolored hues

Paint me into the wall just so I can have a glimpse
Of what we tend to call meaning
I refer to it as bullshit

What I know is that I exist
When I notice you noticing
That I am here and there is air I am breathing

Breathe into me
Sigh and let me grant you my time
At least what we see
Through the kaleidoscope there ought to be
A premeditated warning 

No comments:

Post a Comment