Pity-Poetry

Pity-Poetry

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Bodies

Perfunctory and languid,
Branding their plagiarist decrees
On lined, pressed paper.

Not a glance upward,
Steady gaze downward.


Almost                                 
Like I’m the only one alive in this
Void of “Text This, Text That.”
Where no

Human 
Could still be dragged from
Beneath the bed
Where the monster lies.

Almost
                   Like I’m the only one to survive this
                   Holocaust of classic
                   Thought.
                                  
Human
Instinct to “monkey see, monkey do.”

                                       
Almost
                   Like my time was over as theirs began,
                   Although we were at the same time.
                   And I am left behind where I feel safe;
                   Where I can say that I’m


“Human”.

                             
Then a soft voice
Tells me I’m going
Nowhere.
                             
Like the numb fingers
                         Have found my womb

                              Inescapable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment