Pity-Poetry

Pity-Poetry

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

for the used and unwanted

mother stops on the road 
by an antique shop
on the square
square spaces for individual 
junk

food makes a human
tired
so i dare to sit on the white
leather rocking chair
across from the view 
headlong of a 
family 
of chairs

half unconscious waves of
pity-stenched music takes
the Summer heat away
and falls the snow 
like blue 
tunes Elvis hummed

is it 1972?
I question 
inherit the past of a sad other
staring down the golden velvet 
arm chairs
what fashion is this?
bloody stool
shit

inflamed in a room of sick pink
no not really there
maybe it is only the
lampshades 

and I know I am a woman
but I feel like a gutted pig
lying in a bed of cigarettes 
to burn a hole through the air

light a gun
light a match 
the baseball teams are on
but I loathe sports
and the booth has no television

my mind wanders back
to the shades 

No comments:

Post a Comment