Pity-Poetry

Pity-Poetry

Thursday, July 24, 2014

window dreaming

glaring stiff
out the window
away from the raincoats
deceiving

dangling my legs over 
contemplating jumping
but no one wants to see
my dress above my knees

lightning never 
struck me down-
pretty good at that
myself

not enough rods 
to feel safe
from this morbid persona

humiliate and mutate me
human words are all the same
existing in forms
fit like water
in various-shaped
containers 

light-bulb 
blinking overhead
trust falls mean
less than 
nothing

without breasts and 
smooth legs
I would just be a
brain 
in a puddle of unattractive
body fluid

flooding no one with 
lust
but my own twisted 
perception

and without human
nature
not one of us
would be climbing out of
sticky placenta 
so it should not 
pester me 

yet I walk away
balloons floating me
down 
in tangles
from the haze-inflicted
morning-after sky

No comments:

Post a Comment